We offer special needs consulting services to those who do not wish to complete a Special Needs Life Plan, but require guidance or help navigating specific special needs planning issues.
Some families may not want to complete a Special Needs Life Plan, but would like to engage Solutions for Special Needs Families for their expertise and guidance in some of the basics of special needs planning; for example–
- Filing for SSI and Medicaid benefits
- Filing for SSDI/RSDI and Medicare
- Advising parents how to sign up for the Medicaid Waiver programs for individuals of all ages
- Advocating with Social Security and Medicaid if benefits are lost
- Assisting families with filing for benefits online
- Maximizing Federal and State benefits
- Utilizing an ABLE Trust Account
- Assistance when an individual is working and receiving benefits
- Review and recommendations of legal documents
- Residential and housing options
- Transition planning
Many families hire SOLUTIONS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILIES for their expertise and guidance in transitioning and /or residential planning. With regards to transition planning SOLUTIONS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILIES can provide guidance and direction with some of the better post secondary options and independent living programs in the country.
SOLUTIONS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILIES possesses considerable experience evaluating existing special needs planning documents, especially in the role of providing a second opinion at critical decision points such as funding for services, guardianship, government eligibility, transitioning and/or residential living.
Please note we are not attorneys, financial advisers, insurance agents or CPA’s. We work with an expert group of attorneys, financial advisers, insurance agents and CPA’s who specialize in planning for special needs. Fees related to creating legal documents, special needs trusts, applying for guardianship and tax advice, etc. are billed separately.